Sunday, February 2, 2014

Casting test: Soulgems





So, over the summer, I was really into trying to make multiples of things. Mostly because I wanted to sell some things at Anime Expo.... but also because I love making toys and sometimes its hard to part with an original. I started my experimenting with a small object from a show called Puella Magi Madoka Magica.. or Madoka for short. Its a anime about magical girls that get their power from these things called soul gems. They are different colors depending on the girl, but over all, the form is the same.

Casting is a lot harder than it looks... A lot of trial and error. And in my case, a lot of error. I'll pick this project up again some day when I'm wiser and more experienced with this kind of thing. This is the original I made a mold of and tried to cast. Its a cute little thing


No comments:

Post a Comment