Monday, June 9, 2014

Wolfen Jaeger

I know its a dumb name, but its the only thing I could think of.
Anyway, so here's another project done for Anime Expo. This one is for a friend who wants to do a version of Little Red Riding Hood Wolf Slayer. She asked me to do only the weapon, so when I see the rest of the costume, I'll be sure to post it.

I was given a lot of freedom on this project because this was for an OC. It started off as a very simple sketch, but as I put more work into it, it became more special to me. I'll actually keep this one so I put some unexpected but not un-welcomed details into it.

Also, another practice with fiberglass. Did  a little bit of research and realized that I'm using the worst type of resin for this kind of thing... Perfect. So, for my next project, I'll try some other stuff called Kleer Kote.... hmm
very simple sketch

 
wood core and foam shapes


core of wood held on by metal screws and plumber's tape
same stuff for the other side
so many clamps
so, clamping worked, but it also warped the hell out of the thing, so what you don't see is hours of sanding and correcting
size comparison
the edges are lined with fiberglass so they don't crack if hit
had some fun with leather. some some light colored leather and dyed it.
close up
covering the ugly, yet very strong wood/plumber tape connections
all the details put on, and gesso-ed
first layer of color. i wanted it to look like a dark gun metal with a lighter colored metal edge
a nice broze-y gold
and FINISHED. pretty sexy

No comments:

Post a Comment