Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Yasuo the Unforgiven: Sword

Here you go guys! Yasuo's sword (does it have a name?) is done!

 And finally too. This project has had its ups and downs. Mostly because I've been testing out different materials to make my weapons stronger so when people walk around with their awesome cosplays, they don't have to worry about their weapons breaking. The biggest change in this project was the introduction of Fiberglass resin. Different from my other resin because this stuff is used to patch holes in boats and the like. Also, the fiber glass itself. The pictures explain better.

the life sized draft with some perspective drawing of the hilt and pommel. (and in the middle is a little cute little clay sculpt I did so I could understand how the shapes fit in together)



after tons of sculpting

I realized that the width of the hilt made the handle super short so I added on... shhh.... no one with know

hilt and shealth together

So the thing that you didn't see in the background is me cooking this pvc pipe with my heat gun in order to get the curve.... the oh so slight curve


testing how Plastidip works to seal the foam

on this test, I sealed the foam in "Killz". A latex wall paint used for covering stains

So, I missed a couple spots and the resin ate through a lot of my sculpt. I was upset, but what was done was done, so I re-sculpted.

After re-sculpting, I sprayed another layer of Plastidip on it.



Worbla-ing the shealth


layer 1 of color

layer 2 of color. I painted it to look more "game like" than just a normal sword

I wanted to add a "shing!" sound effect every time the sword was pulled out.... hmm.... maybe

Here's it all put together. I really like how the handle turned out (hand wrapped by yours truly). This is a pretty sick sword. Nice job Riot for awesome characters

Close up of sword out of shealth

Close up of sword in shealth

No comments:

Post a Comment