Wednesday, May 20, 2015

League of Legends: Tryndamere's Sword

This is probably the biggest sword I've made to date... with an equally amazing build time. I think I was able to get this one done in the span of about 2 weeks in order to get it to Anime Conji in San Deigo.

As a person who is new to playing LOL (and actually has never played Tryndamere,) this was a bit difficult just because I couldn't find good pictures of the same sword. Skins are amazing, but I wanted just the original... so I guessed some of the details.


Got to start somewhere.... and in this case, a huge piece of foam.


I bit off a lot more than I could chew and actually had to take out about 6in for me to be tall enough to install the handle.


Its like dissection day in high school science


This was the most confusing parts and I couldn't really find any pictures that made this part clear so I winged it... I personally think its a pretty good interpretation.


Its coming together and actually starting to look like a sword... a big sword.


I debated casting some gems, but with my luck at casting, I decided to just carve them.


Surprisingly long time to paint just a monochromatic color scheme.


Painting effects is probably my favorite... and doesn't ruin my brushes


No comments:

Post a Comment