Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Legion Commander: Armor

So here the the bulk of the armor. It took a long time, but every time I work with this material, its a new, great learn experience. Also got to shop around for a lot of cheap materials. Weave is amazing.

The Sketches.

I did the wrapping-you-chest-with-tape-trick. It actually works really well. At least for the pattern.

The pattern cut out of the foam.

Rounding out them boobies.





The torso pieces. It was tricky to figure out how I wanted this to work because Legion Commander has a pretty small waist. But I think I got it close enough.



All together

Chest piece and shoulder pieces (before to the asymmetry)

Here's that left shoulder piece add on.

I prime the foam first...

Then add a bit of black spray paint to break up the monotone

A special blend of gold and bronze paint.

All together

Starting the armlets.



Add caption

Starting the calf pieces.


The lower body armor

LOIN CLOTH


The victim

I'm not a huge fan of the fur, but thats what she has, so thats what going to happen
So here it is! All finished! I'll make a separate post with photo shoot pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Hi ! I love your cosplay, it's sooo perfect... what kind of foam did you use ?

    ReplyDelete