Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Legion Commander: Helmet

Here is the helmet part of the Legion Commander cosplay I'm working on. I really liked how this one turned out. Its a bit heavy, so I might add a strap when I go to the con.
The pattern. Its kind of like those types of world maps that are a flattened sphere.


Glued and taped together.


Cut out the face opening.


Added the second part


This part was a real pain. Yes, it is a broom, but I cut it a bit so it would curve to the wood base.


Both sides all glued and nailed down.

Added the wood and broom part on and ready to add those wings.

After I attached these, I was so happy because it was actually starting to look awesome and cool



Getting ready for that paint job. And my right hand man makes an appearance!

So shiny. Used a mixed of bronze and gold paint.

Finished! Those wings are pretty tall. Luckily, I still have an inch or 2 when I walk through doors.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my god, that's amazing, such a good cosplay of our awesome Legion Comander! I love it <3 I love cosplaying too, my last one was Mortred haha.

    Can i know what material is it? Foam ? Thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh haha i just noticed reading it many times, foam ! How do you unite them ? I can see tape but i think that's for the very first part to put everything on it's place... what do you use? o.o

      Delete
    2. hot glue. but i find its not the best thing. i'm looking for a better way.

      Delete
    3. To glue foam i use "neoprene" glue. It's a bit expensive but it works really well.
      How the hell did you do the "red feather" part of the helmet ??? Did you use a scrubbing brush ? did you find it already curved ? Or did you curve it yourself ? if yes... how ?
      Thx for the answer.

      Delete